Scanner Radio Pro - Fire and Police Scanner review
Published & copyrighted by GordonEdwards.net LLC
Wataniasoft.com is not an official representative or the developer of this application. Copyrighted materials belong to their respective owners
Listen to live audio from over 7,000 fire and police scanners, weather radios, amateur radio repeaters, air traffic and marine radios from around the world. Turn on notifications to receive alerts anytime a scanner has more than 3500 listeners (find out about major events as they're breaking).
• View scanners located nearest you.
• View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners.
• View list of scanners added most recently (new scanners are being added all the time).
• Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites for quick access.
• Browse the directory by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, marine, etc).
• Turn on notifications to be notified when major events are happening (details below).
• Add Scanner Radio Pro widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access.
• Supports Android Auto.
Receive a notification anytime:
• ...any scanner in the directory has more than 3500 listeners (configurable).
• ...a scanner within a certain distance of your location has more than a certain number of listeners.
• ...a specific scanner has more than a certain number of listeners.
• ...a Broadcastify alert is posted for one of your favorites.
• ...a scanner within a certain distance from you is added to the directory.
In addition to the above features, you also get the following features with this version of the app:
• No ads.
• Access to all 6 theme colors.
• Push notifications sent within 5 minutes (vs within 15 minutes in the free version).
• The ability to record the audio.
• The play button at the bottom of the directory screens and on the widgets can be used to start listening without having to go to the player screen.
The audio you're able to hear is provided by volunteers (and, in many cases, police and fire departments themselves) for Broadcastify.com and a few other sites using real police scanners and is the same audio you would hear using your own police scanner.
If you need assistance, please go to http://support.gordonedwards.net/
Explanation of why a couple of permissions are needed:
• The "Location" permission is required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you select "Nearby Scanners". When you select "Nearby Scanners" the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
• The "Photos/Media/Files" / "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage" permission is required in order to allow you to record the audio you're hearing and be able to save it to a location that you can access from your computer.
Varies with device
Varies with device